You should have received an email from us recently about an hour scheduled maintenance window planned for this coming Saturday, September 12. This update will bring a lot of long requested changes to the app and we couldn’t be more excited. As a reminder, here’s the time frame for the maintenance window:
Scheduled Maintenance Window
Saturday, September 12, 2015 for 1 Hour
7pm PST / 8pm MST / 9pm CST / 10pm EST
For our friends in the UK and Australia region that’s
Sunday, September 13, 2015 3am and 12pm respectively.
During the update, you will not be able to access the main app. You will, however, have full read-only access to your account through standby.tave.com.
This update encompasses quite a bit involving Quotes and Orders. Here’s a run down of what is changing:
- Quotes and Proposals as they exist now are becoming what we call Standard and Advanced Quotes. We no long use the terminology ‘Proposal’ but the exact same functionality is there as an ‘Advanced Quote.
- Standard Quotes simplify the booking process quite a bit by allowing you to add products or packages to a quote, set ONE payment schedule, ONE questionnaire, and/or ONE contract as part of the booking process. You can read more about building a Standard Quote here on the new support site.
- Advanced Quotes encompass the exact same structure as current ‘Proposals’ do. They allow you to add several quote groups for your clients to choose from and add one or more payment schedule, questionnaire, or contract to be included during booking. You can read more about building an Advanced Quote here on the new support site.
- Both Standard Quotes and Advanced Quotes can be built in Settings to be reused as much as you’d like on a job.
- Because of the above changes, we have bulk updated your quick response templates, custom field tokens, automations, workflows, and lead statuses to replace the word ‘Proposal’ with ‘Quote’.
- If you start creating a Standard Quote and you realize you need it to be an Advanced Quote, you can easily convert between them with the convert button.
If you have saved quote and proposal templates, we have moved those to the new quote editors in settings and you’ll find that you can now edit them at will.
- Quotes & Orders now exist on the same tab on a lead or job. In general, you’ll send a quote to a client whom you want to go through the booking process and you’ll create an order for a client whom you want to book the products or services directly.
- If you create an order that’s booked directly, you can still send the client a questionnaire and contract (new with this update).
Products and packages will have a new option associated with them. When building a quote in Settings as a template or directly on a job, you can make a package or product required, suggested or optional.
- Required – These items are required in order to book the quote.
- Suggested – These items are not required but they are included in the quote by default. The client can remove them when booking.
- Optional – These items are presented in a separate list below the quote. The client can change the quantity of the items, then add them to the quote.