If you have a photography business, you have probably struggled with finding new clients. Whether your business is new or you’re looking to grow, finding new photography clients can be tough. No matter what city or market you’re in, the following six tips can help you get new clients for your photography business.
How Can I Get More Photography Clients?
- Get Involved in Your Community
- Use Your Current Customers
- Build Your Portfolio
- Start Blogging
Helpful Ideas for These Areas
- Advertise Although this may require additional costs, advertising online or in magazines is a great way to start building brand awareness.Platforms like Facebook or Instagram are free, and the costs to advertise on social media is much lower than traditional advertising tactics. Plus, through social media advertising, you can target individuals who would be most likely to be interested in your photography. You can also showcase your beautiful photography in your advertisements.
- Get Involved in the Community Attending events in the community will help you become more aware of events in your target area and connect with potential clients. Community events you should attend can include your children’s activities, festivals, markets and more.
- Network Network with other individuals in the industry. Hair stylists, wedding venue owners, designers, models and other photographers can help you gain new customers. You can also refer your clients to professionals in your network to help build a healthy relationship. Make sure you maintain communication with individuals in your network, so it’s easy to connect with them when you need to.
- Use Your Current Customers Referral incentives can help you gain more clients from past clients. You can use an incentive program where you offer discounts to encourage clients to spread the word. You may also want to create a rewards systems with a punch card to encourage clients to return to your for their next photography job.
- Build Your Portfolio If you don’t have a website or portfolio of your work, it’s time to build one. Customers want to be able to see the work you’ve completed. Organizing and presenting your photography in an elegant manner can help customers see the excellent photos they can expect when they hire you.
- Start Blogging Achieving higher rankings on the search engine results page can be challenging. Blogging is one way that many photographers have had success improving their rankings. Every post you create is a new chance for your website to rank. Also, you can include your photography to enhance each blog post. Clients reading your blog posts will see your photos and want to hire you as their photographer.
Let Táve Take Care of Business Tasks While You Focus on Your Passion
Táve is a management software for the business side of your photography business. This one-stop software app will allow you to automate processes like sending quotes and session reminders. With less time spent managing your business, you can spend more time focusing on what you love — photography.
This software also includes lead tracking. When a user fills out a contact form, they’re entered into the Táve system. Táve then allows you to navigate the follow-up process and choose the correct emails to send to that lead. With proper lead managing, you can ensure you address every lead quickly. The more leads you address efficiently, the easier it will be to find new clients for your photography business. Let this software help you with lead management by signing up for a free 30-day trial.