The Fine Print
* Upon booking The Lolita Collective Hair & Makeup, a signed contract and non-refundable 50% retainer fee is required to secure your date(s).
* The remaining balance including travel fee must be submitted one week before the wedding day, prior to the commencement of service.
* Due to the high demand of spring/summer months, weekends between the months of May and September (not including the travel costs) require a minimum booking of 3+ people in the Lower Mainland & 5+ people for destination weddings for both hair & makeup services.
* Trials are only available on weekdays, as our weekends are frequently booked year-round. If you absolutely cannot make a weekday, or if you are from out of town, we may have limited availability for a weekend trial; however, we recommend booking with us on a weekday so we can have ample time to experiment and perfect your wedding day look.
* Trial sessions are held at our shared studio in Vancouver (Little Mountain - near Queen Elizabeth Park). Travel fees may apply to trial sessions if scheduled outside of our studio with the exception of Vancouver locations.
* The same rate is charged if you bring your own false lashes to apply.
* Locations requiring paid parking will be the responsibility of the client.
* If you are unsure about committing to a contract before testing out an artist, please email us to book a trial session. Please note that a trial does not secure your wedding date, so we suggest booking a trial as soon as possible, as we tend to book 8-12 months in advance.
* The Lolita Collective Hair & Makeup offers a referral discount of 10%. Please advise at the time of booking if you were referred to a previous or current TLC Client/Bride by providing their first and last name. Referral discounts cannot be applied with another discount and/or added to an existing referral discount. One referral discount per client/booking only.
* Rates are subject to change without notice, but will remain the same once contract is signed.
COVID-19 POLICIES - We always take utmost care in cleaning and sanitizing our kits, brushes and tools to ensure a clean and safe working environment. All of our artists wear PPE when with clients and we ask our clients to arrive to their appointment wearing a face mask as well.
COVID-19 POSTPONEMENTS & CANCELLATIONS: Clients who are booking in the time of the COVID pandemic accept associated risks (i.e. the possibility of Government restrictions or measures that may affect specific plans). Cancellations due to unforeseen circumstances can be transferred to a new event date with no additional penalty fees/rescheduling fees or can be kept as a credit to be used for alternative beauty services. Please note retainer fee is non-refundable. If the event date is postponed, all services will cease at time of notification of postponement if no determined new date is provided. A hold will be placed on Client's account and once the client decides to resume services and a new date is established, Client must complete a Rescheduling Contract and the payment schedule will be adjusted to the new event date.